Abbreviation of SQL is Structured Query Language. It is database software developed at IBM by Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce in the early 1970s. It is also pronounced as SEQUEL.
SQL is a query language designed for managing and performing different operation on data using RDBMS (Relation Database Management System)
- SQL allow user to create database table and views.
- SQL allow user to insert or store record into database table In another word you can say it allow user to store information into database tables.
- SQL allow user to update the stored information into database table.
- SQL allow user to delete the information whenever it is not required from the database table.
- SQL help user to retrieve the information from database table and display to the end user.
For more information visit this link http://www.javatechworld.com/sql-tutorial.